Monday, August 18, 2008

School Time!

I can not believe that it is that time of year again. It seems like I blinked and the summer was gone. Kambree started first grade this year and I think it might have been harder than Kindergarten for me. She was so excited and then when we got there she got so nervous (you can tell in the first picture). She wasn't quite sure what to expect now that she would be there all day. The good news is that when I picked her up the first day she told me, "I love first grade!" and that "it was the best day ever".

Jaxon started Kindergarten. He is so excited to finally be going to school. It is pretty funny because he couldn't wait to get some "homework" to do. So he was a little disappointed because they didn't get any the first day.


The last week and a half of summer it seemed the kids had been fighting about non stop so I was ready for school to start. Or so I thought. I took them to school and did pretty well. Then when I got home I was sitting there going...now what. It was just so quiet, so I started to cry. Courtney couldn't quite figure me out. I am happy for them though because they are enjoying their school time. Now I will just have to get used to the new routine and the new found quiet at my house.

8 comments:

*kRiSti* said...

Hey Kell, I know it's hard but you'll get used to the quiet soon enough:) no but really it makes the transition so much easier when they like their teachers and their class!! hopefully jaxson stays that excited about homework huh! They look darling and sounds like everything was great!

Janell said...

Hi Kellee, Courtney sent me an email yesterday with your blog address. Cute, cute kids! I can't believe you are lucky enough to have two in school.

We won't be able to make it to Devin's wedding (I'm glad I got to see you at Diana's shower). Tell Courtney I said Hi.

Please send me your email address and I will send you an invite to my blog. janellbowles@yahoo.com

~~Jeff 'n Heather~~ said...

I understand completely...I am wondering how three in school will be and only one home. I will let you know next week! Sad that they have to grow up, huh! I love the kids around and the chaos so I cannot picture my life without it all!

MiStY said...

I can't believe you have two kids in school. They're so cute and by the way Courtney, that little Jaxon is a little mini you :o)

Angie said...

The are such cute kids. I can you see you guys in both of them.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I think most girls would want to shoot him because he has such beautiful eyes! Why do all the boys get the amazing eyes and lashes? Sooooo cute....and I know a cute boy when I see one ;-) Aub

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

I bawled my eyes out Lydia's first day. Your oldest looks just like you, they are all so cute!

ashley said...

K I can't believe you have one in kindergarten and first! Do they take the bus? I have the same feelings just before school starts. Once it starts I am fine but I am still adjusting to Liv being gone from 8:30 to almost 5:00! School gets out at 3:25 but she is the last stop:( I feel like a I barely see her during the week:(