Friday, August 8, 2008

A Whole Decade...

Wow it only seems like eight years ago when Kellee and I were married. But it has most definitely been 10 years. Thanks to the Bejing Olimpic Committee for throwing a celebration to commemorate Kellee withstanding a decade long onslaught of the psychological torture weapon better know as Courtney. Way to be strong love. The last list I built was so fun that I don't want to over use and trivialize the tactic so here I go in semi thank-you-note format:

Kellee,
Thank you for the entirely too enjoyable decade we have spent together. Though everyday is not and adventure, the adventures are not spread so thin as to cultivate boredom. Thanks for taking incredible care of me. I would likely still be alive without you but someone like me would never make it without someone to remind me about the important stuff (clean clothes, pay bills, shower, the little people need constant supervision, birthdays, etc. - I really would shower i just wouldn't have any soap to make it worth my while.) You may not know it but when you laugh at my not always funny joke you make me feel like a million bucks. I appreciate that you don't hate me when I get to involved in a show or a book and you have to remind me to "engage" with the whole parenting thing. (I am glad I have been able to use this line on you the last couple of days while you are reading "Breaking Dawn". If my expression looks like your expression I don't know how you don't laugh at me all the time.)

Thanks for supporting me in all the things I think I want to do. I know that even if things don't go so well, after a little mockery, you will again be my biggest fan. I love you and I am glad that this has only been our first decade. See ya tonight.

Love ya,
Courtney

3 comments:

*kRiSti* said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!!!!I think about all of us 10 years ago and can't believe it. hope you have a great day! Congats!!!

~~Jeff 'n Heather~~ said...

What a sweet note to your wife!! How awesome is it that we have been married ten years within a week. I know that your next ten years will be just great, regardless of our previous conversation!!! ;) You should be quite proud of such a great accomplishment, ten years takes hard work and dedication!!!!! Congrats you two!!

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! John and I will be 10 years next April. Thanks for the b-day wishes on my blog. Isn't it cool how many people you can reconnect with through blogging. I can't believe you guys have 4 kids. I still picture you guys from high school. :)