Monday, August 4, 2008

Funny Things Kids Say

Our kids must be getting a bit older because they now say things that should make sense but don't quite. I am only going to give you a smattering of the most recent, most memorable quotes.

We were driving to Fishlake and we stop in Circleville to get a drink at the gas station (tradition, who doesn't stop in Circleville). I climb back into the pickup and Kambree asks, "Do people live hear." I am thinking this is pretty lively for a ghost town but who am I to judge so we say yes. Kambree follows up with "Do they speak Spanish or cowboy." I assumed she knew what she was talking about and said "cowboy."

We are on Fishlake and it is hailing and I am trying to get Jaxon under cover so he doesn't get soaked when he tells me he is okay because "I am trying to catch some hell, but it's not that easy." I am sure he meant hail but it threw me off for a second.

Just yesterday we were watching a DVR of Monk and Monk start looking around a crime scene. Kambree has been paying close attention and says, "That Mr. Monk sure is a good looker." Now Tony Shaloub isn't hideous to look at but I sure hope she meant that he was really good at looking.

Rylan is just learning to talk and he can kind of say Kam but it sounds a whole lot more like dam and please sounds exactly like peas. I asked him to say haematoma but he just gave me a blank stare like he thought I was an idiot. I seem to get that a lot from him.

Averi simply squeals but that is kind of fun.

By the way Jaxon learned to ride a bike without training wheels over the weekend.

4 comments:

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

I love hearing that kind of stuff. That's basically all my blog is. BTW does Kambree think that her dad speaks "cowboy"?

*kRiSti* said...

I need to start writing down the things my kids say immediately after they say them. you think at the time you'll never forget, but I do and then I'm sad. you're such a good mom to take your kids to the library. we've never been, i'm sure my child would be the one to knock over the bookcase or something like that!! hey your background is way cute too.

Linds said...

kellee hi! this is so fun that to everyone's blogs. i've been sitting here reading all of your posts! your little family is darling! i went back to private, so e-mail me so i can add you to mine ok? good to hear from you!
lindsiem@hotmail.com

Linds said...

i meant that we get to read everyone's blogs... i hate that you can't edit your comment! cause i truly need that one! ha!