Thursday, August 14, 2008

29 Years Young

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, dear Courtney, Happy Birthday to you! Yes, it has now been 29 years since Courtney was born. I thought I share a few pictures of Court to commemorate the big day. This picture is when he was a baby (pretty obvious, I know) and it is one of my favorites. Just look at those chubby cheeks.

This next one is his kindergarten picture. I thought it was just darling. How cute is it that he is even in his tie and cute little sweater vest.

And finally I make the leap to adulthood. This is a picture of us in Maui in 2005 (thanks again for including us in that trip Steph and Justin). Really I knew I didn't need a picture of me included in this birthday tribute but apparantly we no longer take pictures of adults once the children come along. So I had a little difficulty finding a picture that would work. Anyway, this is a much loved vacation so maybe it will help with happy memories for Court.

I don't know that Courtney is the largest fan of his special day (I mean, face it he is starting to get older) but I still want to wish him a Happy Birthday. The kids and I appreciate so much his presence in our lives. I love so many things about him so here are just a few. Here ya go Court:

  • I love your work ethic. Your parents really did teach you to be a hard worker and I think it is so wonderful. No matter what I know that you will always do everything you can to make sure me and the kids are taken care of.
  • I love your sense of humor. It never fails that you can have me laughing until I almost cry. You are just funny. End of story.
  • I love your optimism about life. It is so good to know that if I am down about something you will always be there to help me see the positive in it.
  • I love the great dad you are. You don't just sit back and watch. I love that you are willing to change a diaper if you need to, or give someone a bath, etc. It is so fun to see you play with the kids and witness your guys' special bond.

I love you very much and hope you have many great years to come!


6 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! Hey, so glad that we ran into each other. Isn't the blogging world great?! You guys have got the cutest family.

*kRiSti* said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! hope it's great!

Angie said...

Happy birthday! I'm just 5 days older than you. I hope we both have great years being 29!

Jeana said...

Happy Birthday Courtney!

~~Jeff 'n Heather~~ said...

Happy birthday Court!! Glad I could celebrate for ya in Vegas!! LOL. Thanks again for assisting Kellee in her bravery to have Charger overnight! You guys are great! I hope you have a good year....just think it's the last year ever before the great bid, dark 30!!! AAAHHHH!!! Crappy, I know!

Justin and Steph said...

Happy Late Birthday Court!