Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ride, Jaxon, Ride

As mentioned in the previous post, Jaxon has learned to ride a bike with no training wheels. We are so impressed because he learned how to do it in just 2 days. His birthday is in a couple of weeks and so he is waiting (patiently) to be able to get a new bike. For now he has to ride Kambree's bike.
Notice that there are only 2 wheels.
So now we just have to deal with him wanting to go out and ride bikes all of the time. The only reason this is an issue is he hasn't quite mastered the getting the bike started at the beginning so he needs Courtney to help him. Notice the red face. That is because it is dang hot outside and Jaxon just wouldn't stop until he coould do it. Also, wanted to give a shout out to Courtney. Thank you for taking the time and energy to help them with this skill. It is seriously hard work to run behind someone, bent over and holding them up, in the 105 degree weather. I was too big of a baby so I just cheered from the sideline, while sipping on my nice cold water.

4 comments:

*kRiSti* said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom that just sits on the sidelines and lets the dad do the back breaking job of teaching the kids to ride a bike. We're trying to teach Brex right now, well bretts trying:)

~~Jeff 'n Heather~~ said...

I have noticed Jax riding pretty hard on that cute lil pink bike! Sure glad he got a new one, poor kid....haha!! That's pretty good that he can do it now! You will have to let him come out and wear out his tires riding in circles with my boys!!! Lots of fun!! Oh yea.....Court I actually saw you running today beside him. First time for everything! LOL!!! Good job guys!

Dale and Marcie said...

That is pretty exciting...way to go Jax!!!

Yeah it is fun so see how everyone's lives are going. Yeah I have a Facebook too...it is fun too since not everyone has a blog yet ;)

Congrats on your ten year anniversary tomorrow! WOO-HOO!!!

Boo and Sara said...

I have to take credit for teaching, or should I say helping Isaac. Boo was on a road trip for baseball and I just decided to take off the training wheels. Luckily Isaac was a quick learner. I did have to help him get started for a little while but then he figured it out. I am sure Jaxon feels so good about his accomplishment.