Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall/Halloween

I am really far behind. So I am going to back up a bit and try to catch up. We went out to the pumpkin patch the week before Halloween to get our pumpkins. Rylan was positive that he could carry his by himself. I was actually very frightened for the pumpkin. But, alas, it did survive. We had a good time. The kids all got their pumpkins and then we played at the kid play area. I think they all would have stayed all night if we would have let them.
Here is Kambree at the Halloween carnival at the local grocery store. We went and ate there and played all of the carnival games. The kids got little prizes and thought life was perfect. Seriously, did you know that a little plastic slinky is all a child needs to be happy. Kambree was a Vampire. I made a little tutu for her and she insisted on having little plastic snakes and bugs in her "scary" hair.
Jaxon was our little frankenstein this year. He thought his green makeup was stinky and so we had to take it all off. We then resorted to an idea one of my neighbors gave me...chalk. It worked out pretty well and it comes right off when you want it off. And it is non toxic. We just sat down outside and scribbled and then got the chalk dust and rubbed it on his face. He thought that was much better.
Averi was my cute little ducky. Just look at those cute cheeks. She didn't know what the heck was going on but she was pretty sure it was ok because she was getting carried all around the neighborhood. She didn't cry the whole time we were out trick or treating.

And Rylan was a horse. He got the first picture in the pumpkin patch because apparently his mom gets the worlds worst mom award. I can't find a picture of him in his costume. In my defense, we know we took some but my camera had an accident (it fell off my car and I almost ran over it) and I think we lost some stuff that was on it. I will have to post a picture when I get some from my mom. He was a cutie. This is the first year he understood the whole Halloween thing a little bit. He was up at a door and we asked him "what do you say", and he told the guy "TWO". That wasn't the answer I was looking for but he did get two treats at that house. We had a great Halloween.

3 comments:

Justin and Steph said...

Cute pics I love the costumes!

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

The kids all look great in their costumes..I guess I will have to wait and see Rylan as a horse. I love Averi's chubby cheeks in her ducky costume!

Angie said...

Kambree is the cutest vampire I've ever seen. I love the tutu you made.