Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wrestling

Let me start this post off by saying that little kid wrestling is super funny. We get such a kick out of it. They don't really know what they are doing so they basically just roll around kinda hugging. Jaxon decided he would give it a try. I still don't know if he is that into it but he keeps asking to go to the tournaments so I guess he must think it is ok. The first tournament Courtney was out of town and Jax was pretty nervous not having his dad there. So we are waiting for it to start and he is walking around the outside of the mat and a little kid grabs him pulls him on to the mat and tackles him. He comes back up to the stands and starts crying and says he just wants to go home. I convinced him to try one match. Well he wrestled two and got pinned both times (I am not a very good wrestling coach). He then decided he was done and we forfeited the last match. I thought maybe he was done with the wrestling thing but he has since wrestled in two more tournaments. In both tournaments he has won on his weight class paper and received two gold medals. It seems all he needed was his dad coaching him. Oh, and knowing he gets a medal doesn't hurt anything either.

7 comments:

Justin and Steph said...

Justin always wants our boys to wrestle, but for whatever reason we just don't get them signed up in time. Although they are wrestling in my front room as I type. So I am listening to crying, screaming, kung fu noises, along with laughing and a lot of trash talking. Boys will be boys. Anyways Way To Go Jaxon!!!!!

*kRiSti* said...

This totally brings back memories of my brothers growing up. I used to have to go watch all the wrestling tournaments, but then they never did it in school. Your kids were all so cute in their halloween costumes too! Oh and the lady that took our picts is Jamie with shutterbug memories. She's in the phone book. She charges 100 dollars and you get the cd to do what you want with the picts. She is way nice, we had her do the last 3 family pictures for us and she did my sisters wedding. Good luck, I hate taking pictures with little kids. We're always lucky to get one where everyone is at least looking in the same direction!

Angie said...

I bet Courtney just loves having a boy to teach wrestling to!

Boo and Sara said...

I love your family picture on your header. So cute! Little kids wrestling is hilarious! My little brother wrestled for a year or two when he was young. His tournaments were a lot of fun.

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

That is too cute!

Justin and Steph said...

Hey, did you ever pick for pay it forward? Call me.

Erica said...

That really is so cute! I want to get Hunter into wrestling. Of course they are huge into it out here in Iowa. It is funny though because when Hunter tries to wrestle other little boys, they just end up rolling around. It makes me laugh!