Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eat up

I was pretty excited that it was time to start Averi on some solids. I figured it might help her space her night feedings out a little bit. But...I was mistaken. On a daily basis she is not going longer at night. Anyone have any suggestions? I really am not complaining because overall she is definately my best sleeper at this young of age.

I just think it is so fun to watch the kids figure out all of these new things. She was so funny to watch eat, especially the first few times. They just can't figure out what to do with it at first. But by the fourth time, she was a pro. She is just eating rice cereal but she doesn't seem to mind. (my other kids were not such fans of rice)



As you can probably tell in the last picture, she gets quite the audience. For some reason everyone decides that I need help. Even the dog has to hang around. I think the dog is just hoping that she spits some of it out so she can find it.


I was just getting ready to say that I love this age. And I do. She is smiley, she likes to make the cutest sounds, and she is just always so curious. But I was just telling Courtney the other day that it is so fun how every age seems to have its own fun stuff and of course the trials. I feel so lucky to be a mom and get to learn from all of my sweet kiddos.

10 comments:

Justin and Steph said...

How funny that you post this because I was just talking to someone and they were asking if my kids were at the fun age yet. I just laughed, obviously they don't have kids, I told them them that all there stages are fun. That's one of the joys of having kids. I can't believe how big Averi is and might I add that I think she is doing an awesome job at eating rice. Besides I am 28 and always spill on myself.

*kRiSti* said...

My kids absolutely refused to eat rice cereal! I have to secretly poor a little in with Grady's fruit( because he won't eat veggies either) and if he even suspects there's rice in it he will spit it out!! I wonder how at such a young age they know what they do and don't like. All my kids are so picky when it comes to food, I think that's one of the reasons I hate to cook...all the hard work and no one will eat it! By the way we need to go to olive garden and use that gift certificate!

ashley said...

I wish I had some suggestions! The solids or formula NEVER made a difference with any of my girls! She sure is cute though!

Angie said...

She is a doll. What is her b-day? Her and Lizzie must be close in age.

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

so, i love the new background and family picture! I finally updated our blog, but I still need a new background...hopefully soon.

Markell said...

Averi is a doll. I have lucked out on the sleeping thing so far. Knock on wood, but I hope you can get some rest.

Justin and Steph said...

The fam pics are so cute! I need to call you sometime so you can help me with my boring blog. Miss ya

MiStY said...

Cute post and WAY CUTE FAMILY PICTURE! I think your family is adorable and you all look so much a like. Can you believe how they grow?

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

mmm...rice cereal! looking forward to starting ace on cereal in one month!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

She is so cute! There is a book called "Babywise" I read it again each time I have a baby, kinda dumb but it has a really simple schedule to get you baby to eat better and sleep through the night.