Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Work, Work, Play

On Friday, last week, we finished getting all of the rock out for our landscaping. We have had all sorts of plants, bushes, and trees for years--but no rock. All of the weeds were really getting way annoying so it was decided it was high time to finish this little project up. Courtney had the day off so it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

It is a little funny that my picture ended up first on the post because I really didn't do much actual work. My job was simply to pull the 4 front bushes out and plant new ones. Hopefully these will do better than our other ones. After I completed that I sat back and watched all of the hard work take place while I tried to entertain Averi.
Thank heavens for Courtney's mom. She came over and helped most of the day. We never would have gotten finished without her. I sometimes feel like we give her the most awful jobs. I mean, really, how excited would you be to go help someone shovel and move rock in the 100 degree heat. But she came happily, and we really appreciated the help.
Here comes the play part. We had the trailer lifted but it wasn't quite getting all of the rock out. So the kids had to climb up to the top and then use their feet to try to kick the rock towards the bottom. They weren't to disappointed about helping-they loved it.

And Rylan was in hog heaven all day long. He seriously sat in this sand pile and rolled around almost the entire day. His day couldn't have gotten much better in his opinion.

We were able to catch a picture of Courtney on his last wheelbarrow load of rocks. He worked for two days getting this all done. I feel so lucky that he isn't afraid of hard work. Thanks, babe. It really makes the landscaping look "finished".






4 comments:

Justin and Steph said...

It looks great! I am pretty jealous because our yard needs so much work. I just want it to look nice but of course it is not just time it takes money too. The story of everyone's life. Although I am not so jealous of the 100 degree weather. Anyhow, I will have to make sure I take before an after pics of our (forest) yard.

Linds said...

looks so good!! ahh the yard is such a pain huh? but, the end result is so fun to enjoy! good to see you guys the other night!

Markell said...

I can't believe how big your kids are. We don't come around near enough. I found your blog through Janell hope thats ok. John and I just bought our first house with a huge yard full of weeds, I can only imagine being able to have 1 nice bed, let alone being done.

3boysohmy said...

Looking Good!