Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family Night

For family night this week we decided we would go swimming. So we headed over to Grandma Jake's to swim. We had such a good time. Every year at the first of the summer I swear that I am going to take the kids swimming at least once a week. And every year at the end of the summer I look back and can't believe that we didn't make it very much. I decided that it is still plenty warm for a couple of weeks and would should take advantage of it. This was actually Averi's first time swimming. The other times that we did make it to a pool she was usually sleeping. I didn't remember floaties so Jaxon was requiring a bit of assistance but he is doing lots better.
Kambree is turning into our little fish. She can now swim across the pool. At first she was doing giant belly flops into the water so she would be further across before she started swimming. By the time we left the pool she had actually taught herself to dive.

Rylan thinks he knows how to swim. He doesn't. We really have to watch him because he will just jump in wherever he is and just hope someone is around to get him.

Courtney has really been working with Kambree and Jaxon the last few times we have gone swimming to get them closer to being real "swimmers".

Grandma Jake even came down to the pool with us to watch the kids. She might as well have worn a swimsuit and actually got in because I think the kids pretty much made sure she was soaked before we left.

After we swam, Courtney grilled us up some amazing burgers. Somehow I did not get any pictures of this part of the event. They sure were good though. It was just a very enjoyable night.

5 comments:

Dale and Marcie said...

It sounds like a blast. I think it is too cold here to go swimming anymore! At least for this year. Oh yeah and to answer your question...we gave my mom a copy last time we were down there.

Angie said...

That looks like a great family night! It is so fun to see a picture of your mom! How is she doing? Is she still teaching? Tell her hi for me!

Justin and Steph said...

Averi is so cute (so are the others) I haven't seen a pic of her since she was born. I did the same thing this summer, it's a lot harder to make to the pool when you have to get everyone in the car and all there stuff. I liked it better when we could just walk outside. Go figure.

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

I was jealous that we could not be there. The kids look like they are having so much fun! You better watch that Rylan boy, he looks like he has no fears.

Hoagland's said...

Yes,me and my crazy bugs! People think I am nuts that I always talk about them, but they are all new to me. We live in the southeastern tip of Alabama so Mobile is about a 3.5 hour drive from here. Swimming looks like a lot of fun, I always wish that we would have gone more often too, Collin just loves the water.