Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kellee has a Birthday (I Think After 25 they Should Be Called Anniversaries)

Well it is July 15, 2008. That means Kellee is 28 years old. Just hitting her prime. To celebrate the joyous occasion of her birth I decided to (in my best engineerese) build a bullet point list of the reason I love Kellee and the reasons she is likely the greatest wife in the world. The last part of the last sentence is supposed the be read in an ascending carnival announcer type voice if you know what I mean.

  • Obviously at the top of the list is Kellee's amazing, otherworldly ability to put up with the daily exasperations of one Courtney Coates. Superhuman really.
  • I never have to wash my own clothes.
  • I never have to wake up in the middle of the night to feed the babies.
  • Kellee laughs at all my stupid jokes, not stupid jokes, and wanderings of my random mind.
  • Kellee (as the fine accountant that she is) take care of the books as well as all tax returns.
  • Kellee doesn't complain when I don't finish a project and start another. This happens more than I would like people to know. I still have a pallet of top caps to put on my block wall I finished last summer.
  • She will go camping with me in my super old, not super nice camp trailer. (It's probably because the toilet works.)
  • She doesn't get mad at me when I touch the sisters at inappropriate times which unfortunately is probably way to often. (Author Edit: I didn't realize some of us grew up in a monastery like my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Lyndsey and Jeremy, but my reference to the "sisters" referred to Kellee's mammary glands sorry for the confusion.)
  • She teaches our children all the things they should know.
  • She has way more patience with the kids than I do.

There are way more but I don't think I want to post some of them (too personal) and shouldn't post some of them (too personal if you catch my drift).

Kellee, I love you and thanks so much for spending the last ten years with me. It has been an adventure and if we are lucky the fun will just keep on rolling. I can't think of anyone else I would rather spend the eternity with. Hope you have a great birthday.

Love ya,

Courtney (Kellee, you know what I say here)

12 comments:

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

Kellee, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day and that you will maybe get to relax a bit too. Just to let you know your husband is such a goof, but I am glad he is your husband! We wish we could be there, we're counting down the days. We love you all!

Dale and Marcie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great one and that Courtney fixes you dinner. I can't wait to see you and your little fam this weekend up in the cool, crisp mountains ;)

Anonymous said...

Cute post! Kellee I am so glad you found my blog! You seriously don't look a day older than when we lived in Quail Valley together.....what's the secret? How are ya? Your kids are super cute. It is so good to look in on your life. Keep in touch. Love, Aub
PS Tell your mama hi for me.

ToRi and cReW said...

Courtney--I don't know your wife, but it looks like you got a good one! You are a sweet husband. BTW-I think all men touch their wives "sisters" at inappropriate times!!

*kRiSti* said...

Kellee Happy birthday!!! Now you're old like me!!!! here's to celebrating many more!!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Happy belated Birthday! That was really clever! You guys were made for each other.

~~Jeff 'n Heather~~ said...

So Sweet that you would post all of that for your wife! You both are soo cute and we are so lucky to have met you and be neighbors and freinds!!! Hope you have a good trip this weekend, and sooo glad you will A/C in your truck!! LOL!! Kellee, underneath all of the thoughts of how your day went in your head, and how it actually turned, I know you still probably had a good birthday!! Luv ya tuns!!!

Annie said...

This was a seriously sweet post! Courtney, What a great husband you are. Happy birthday Kellee! I turn the big 29 next week. One more year before 30...I hope to make it a good one:)

PS. I love your blog by the way, I have found so many old friends from your links. Thanks!!

Boo and Sara said...

Happy Birthday late. What a cute post from your husband.

Megan said...

Kellee and Courtney
It is good to hear from you after all these years! We are glad to see how well you two are doing. You have the sweetest family. We hope you will keep in touch.

Angie said...

Hi Courtney and Kellee - This is Angie (Judd) Angus, and I got to your blog off a comment you made on Tara's. I just wanted to say hi and that your family is so cute!!! You are welcome to visit my blog anytime. I just need you to email me at angelajuddangus@gmail.com

ashley said...

Hey that is so sweet! Ten years I can't believe it! I wish Kays would do something like this for me! Happy Birthday!! Kayse's e-mail is drkayse@gmail.com