Saturday, July 5, 2008

Averi's Blessing


Well, we blessed little miss Averi on June 22, 2008. The schedules of all of our family were just crazy this summer so we just picked a Sunday and got it done. It was so nice. I really feel like we are super blessed to have amazingly supportive families. I will also say that I had my testimony of the priesthood reaffirmed as I watched all of those men go up to the front and surround my sweet baby. (Courtney's brother Devan had been ordained an elder the night before so he was also able to participate.) I am so grateful that Courtney is worthy and willing to use his priesthood for our family.
After the blessing, we went down to the park and had a barbecue. We had all sorts of yummy food. We had hamburgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, chips, fruit, and of course a variety of treats. It was so fun to see everyone and just have a real good time.

1 comment:

Lyndsey Swindlehurst said...

What a doll, I am glad everything went so well on such short notice! She is such a sweetie pie. I can't wait to get my hands on her!!