Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Day

Since I am a month behind on my blogging I am going to make sure and add some old stuff so I have it recorded. Back in mid December the kids had a snow day. This definately needs to be documented because I think the last time it happened I was in high school. Anyway, the kids thought it was pretty funny. The thing of it is that it occured on a day when the kids had fun christmas stuff to do at school. Jaxon even had a few tears because they weren't going to be able to do their gingerbread houses. Because of all this, I decided I needed to make it a fun day and not just do chores and such during the day.

The first couple of pictures shows the kids water coloring. They love to do this but it always turns into a big mess. They had fun and no one tipped their cup of painty water over this time. That alone is an improvement.


Then we had to play in the snow. Here is Kambree with frozen hands when they were trying to make a snowman. Notice the no gloves. All we own is fabric mittens and they don't hold the moisture out so well so they had to be taken off due to the fact that they were soaked through.

Jaxon was working on his snow angel.

After the snow fun we had hot chocolate and watched a christmas movie. I think they had a good time and hopefully it will be a good memory because I don't think it will happen around here again for a while.

3 comments:

3boysohmy said...

How fun, I remember when I lived where there was no snow and just loved it when it did. My kids love to play in the snow here as well! What a great day!

Erica said...

Cute snow pictures! We don't love the snow very much out here. I'm already ready for summer. Your kids are so cute. I hear you with the painting. I usually don't even attempt it!

Dale and Marcie said...

I remember the last snow day...I was in the 6th grade. I love the new pictures you put on the side...I was starting to wonder if you guys had died or moved or something :)