Friday, January 23, 2009

Christmas

I need to add Christmas for my memory. We had a great christmas this year. We are so blessed. I am including some picture with Santa in this post. They were taken the Sunday before christmas. It was so exciting. I was cooking some dinner and someone came to the door. Courtney went to get it and he yelled for the kids. I walked around the corner to see who it was and to my amazement it was SANTA! It was seriously so fun to have him come in and sit on our couch. I was way excited and I am pretty sure the kids thought it was neat. It is a memory I won't forget.

For Christmas Eve we went to Aunt LaDawn's house with all of her kids and grandkids. We ate yummy food, did our nativity scene with the kids all dressed up, and played a gift game. We had such a great time. We had to skip the annual silly string fight because it was raining...that would just be a super big mess.

Christmas was great with the kids getting just what they had wanted and spending time with family. My mom came over and opened presents with us and she even woke us up when she arrived (at 7:00 a.m.). I guess my kids didn't get the wake up at 4 gene. We had a delicious christmas breakfast, which Courtney cooks every year. This year we had hasbrowns, bacon, and omelets. Then we played, napped, and went over to have dinner at my mom's house.

Here is Averi with her new sippy cup. She was pretty funny because she basically sat with it hanging out of her mouth the whole morning.
Rylan got the airport to go with the geo trax train. He also got army guys and hotwheels cars.

Here is Jaxon with Santa at our house.

Kambree received a music box, cupcake maker, and HSM barbie dolls.

Jaxon got a hot wheels stunt track and bakugan. Please excuse my lovely head.
Here is Kambree with Santa. Somehow I believe she failed to get the memo that christmas is in the winter.
As you can see in this next one, Rylan loves santa. In his defense he really does like him....from a distance. Finally, we have a tradition of giving an ornament each year. We kind of try to make it symbolize something about the past year in the kids lives.
Kambree-a tooth ornament to signify her losing her teeth
Jaxon-a school bus to signify him starting school
Rylan-an ornament with a boxer (dog) with a santa hat on to show that we got our dog this year and he is positive he is in charge of her
Averi-a stocking with baby's first christmas
Courtney-a baby spoon to celebrate averi's birth
Kellee-a stork to celebrate averi's birth
We are truly so blessed and want to thank all of our friends and family for enriching our lives.

2 comments:

*kRiSti* said...

yay a new post! i love the pict of rylan crying by santa...that is all my kids! we don't get to do the sit on santas lap thing and have resorted to just sending him a christmas list in the mail! it looks like you had a wonderful christmas!

Angie said...

You guys have such cute kids. They are such a good mix between the two of you. Glad you had a good Christmas and glad to see you updated your blog. :)