Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just call me "Danger"

This is the conversation we woke up to this morning. (Everyone is home sick so we are all just lounging around.)

Kambree to Jaxon, "No your middle name is Courtney."
Jaxon, "No, dad said its danger."
This goes back and forth a few times. And of course is getting louder and louder.
Kambree comes running in and says, "Mom, Jaxon says his middle name is danger and I told him it is Courtney. Which is it?"
We ask, "On his birth certificate or just what we call him."
She thinks about it a second and chooses birth certificate.
We answer, "His middle name is Courtney."
She runs off all vindicated to tell Jaxon that his middle name is indeed Courtney not "Danger".

So, I know you all are curious how this all ends. Jaxon is all upset that his middle name isn't danger. He is sure that we need to officially change it. Oh, and Kambree has informed us that it is just not fair that she doesn't have a middle name. She has asked us to come up with one and then, of course, legally change it. Which actually got us thinking, why did we not give the girls middle names? I don't have a middle name, my sister and mom didn't have middle names. Even Courtney's sisters and mom didn't have middle names. But I always hated not having a middle name. So...maybe we will have to consider her request.

4 comments:

Markell said...

I don't have a midle name and I always bugged my aprents aoubt it. they said it was so once I got married my maiden name could be my middle and not have such a huge long name.

Justin and Steph said...

That is funny! I totally though of "and they call me tatersalad"
How is Texas?

Unknown said...

Danger it is.....I don't have a middle name either and I HATED it so Jess got one. Hers is Michelle after my mom.

Jeana said...

Your kids crack me up! Thanks for sharing all the cute stories. I don't have a middle name but we are thinking of giving our little girl one (perhaps this helps persuade me so avoid future discussions....) My boys are really into their middle names lately. Landon will say "Mommy where is Benjamin Daniel."