Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baseball...

My sister and brother-in-law called and asked if we wanted to go to a Texas Rangers baseball game. Jeremy was going to get cheap tickets for us at the school so we decided to give it a try. On the day of the game it was raining like crazy but we headed up to the stadium anyway. We payed, we parked, we walked, and walked. Once we got to the stadium we found out that there was a rain delay but that they should play. Luckily the delay was only about an hour and a half. Nothing that a lot of junk food can't cure. So then we ate, and ate, and ate.
My kids favorite part of the whole experience was jumping in all of the rain puddles until they lokked like this....
Our seats only cost us ten bucks each so we figured that they would be horrible. But they turned out to be pretty good. We were on about the 24th row. Here is a picture during the national anthem. Rylan was so funny the whole time because he refused to let us get a picture of him. So instead I ended up with this amazing picture of me. Beautiful, I know.
The kids got their hot dogs and that is really all that matters to them. Here they are scarfing them down by Aunt Lyndsey.
It was really a pretty good time...until the kids decided to have a break down. Can any of you guess when that was? The fourth inning. We left in the bottom of the fourth and went home. How pathetic is that? In our defense I will say that there were more pitches thrown in the fourth inning than the rest of the game combined. So when you add that with the rain delay and also the other teams pitcher getting thrown out the second pitch of the game, it equaled a little too much for my fam.

3 comments:

Boo and Sara said...

Fun! You just missed the Tigers :). My husband was there July 27th through the 29th. Hopefully you are all settled and enjoying Texas. "The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas..........."

~~Jeff 'n Heather~~ said...

I have to say it looks like a ton of fun!!! I also have to say that looking at your blog is getting harder and harder for me every time I pull it up!!!!!!!! I miss you guys a ton! I can't wait til you come back to visit or we come visit you. Glad all is well and the kids look great!!! Glad you and Court are finally together again! Thats what life is all about!

*kRiSti* said...

I was so excited to see that you had posted!!! It looks like you all are adjusting so good and that Texas is treating you well :) I think you lasted longer at the game than we would have, lol! We will have to figure out a time to come down and visit...after I pay for eyes, braces and dentist visits I can start saving for a trip :)