Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Averi has arrived

Here I am with my giant belly the day before Averi was born. I was scheduled to be induced on Monday, May 5. I of course thought I would go on my own before that but evidently I was wrong again. The hospital called at a little after 5:00 am on Monday and told us to be there by about 6:15 and they would get it all started. We called Courtney's mom and she came over to watch the kids. We headed to the hospital, although we were a little late (imagine that). I got all hooked up and they were happy to see that I was having a few contractions of my own. It was about 7:45 when they broke my water and started a bit of pitocin. Now the nurse told me then that I should start thinking about getting my epidural. For some reason I am a bit stubborn and for some reason I feel that I should be in pain for a while. I asked for and got my epidural at about 9:45. I was freaking out because now I didn't feel the contractions in my belly but I could still feel all of the pressure and I could feel and move my legs. At this point they decide they better check me--I was an 8. They tried to sit me up and give me another little boost of epidural in hopes of getting me more comfortable-but I was complete. A couple of pushes and she was out. She was born at 10:05 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 19 inches long. She is beautiful, and we are so excited to welcome her into our family. The kids are going to love her to death I am afraid. They want to hold her constantly. I was really worried at how Rylan would react but he has been amazing with her--always hugging and loving on her. Kambree and Jaxon are both so sweet with her and I can already see what big helpers they are going to be to me.

No comments: